We’re super excited that we finally booked our trip to Europe this weekend – bought those plane tickets and everything! We’re going in June, and still working out some of the details.
Eric has family friends who live in Madrid, so we’ll be staying with them for the first few days. Then we’re driving to Barcelona for a day – we found out that any train to Paris (!!) requires a transfer at Barcelona, so we decided to spend a day there and explore the city / beach. After that, we’ll take the train to Paris (apparently Paris hates rental cars, so the price to drop off a car there was a little crazy) and stay there for a few days.
We’re using AIRBNB for the Barcelona & Paris nights – so so so much cheaper than a hotel. I’ve found several beautiful places either on the beach or under the Eiffel Tower for less than $150/night. Once we book those nights, I will definitely let you know how we came to the decisions.
We really don’t want to check bags (stupid extra fees & we have no problem packing light), so I’m already planning the most versatile wardrobe. Many of the AIRBNB apartments have a washer/dryer, and we’ll be staying with friends, so we’ll be able to clean our clothes.
Anyway, here are some things I’m looking forward to:
- Paris Flea Markets || Not sure how we’ll pack the stuff, but I really want to check one out 🙂
- Madrid || so beautiful!
- Barcelona || I can’t believe the architecture here
- Laduree in Paris || obsessed with macarons already, and I can’t wait to visit this tea shop
- More architecture in Barcelona 🙂
- Churros con chocolate in Spain || yummmm
- Ok, so a little tourist-y, but we’ll definitely be picnicking under the Eiffel Tower. I also found really great airbnb places right next to the tower.
- The Crystal Palace in Madrid || this building looks beautiful!