So all the tshirts are cut and now it’s time to lay it all out and sew it together!!
It feels like putting together a giant puzzle. I left a lot of room around some logos, so I could cut them down where necessary.
One of the trickiest parts was figuring out which pieces to sew together before attaching to another one. At one point, I realized the way I approached it was completely wrong, and needed to rip out and start over 🙁
The best was to go is looking at what other seams touch one straight edge – and start with those. For the photo below – I would sew together the red and grey strips before attaching to the bottom of the mustard- colored shirt.
It’s tricky – but since I have so many tshirts I got a lot of practice 🙂 for the one below, I sewed the two orange pieces together and attached to the white piece
Sometimes it looks like seams are puckering – but ironing hides a multitude of sins. The final quilting also neatens the seams – in case you’re kind of lazy like me.
Next time you see this I’ll be done! I’m planning on posting the finished product in about 2 weeks…. let’s see if I can actually post on schedule :/
Hope you have a great Wednesday!!
This is an amazing idea! I am kind of wishing that I hadn’t sent all my old t-shirts to be recycled now!
Wow! Never thought of recycling Tees into quilt! Great idea!