I’m getting really excited about sewing clothing during Me Made May 🙂 I’ve been looking at summer fashion trends and found a few similar DIY trends!
Spring Summer Fashion Inspiration:
A Few Favorite Trends
- Crop Tops and High Waisted Skirt: oooo mixed prints
- Off the Shoulder & Floral: two favorite things!
- Drop waist, loose fitting peplum: Love the less structured peplum look
- T-shirt and Jeans: and you really need a great handbag…. so you don’t look too underdressed
- Rompers: and this one is floral, so even better!
Summer DIY Fashion Alternatives:
Patterns and Tutorials for the trends:
- Off the Shoulder Dress Tutorial (no pattern required!!)
- Crop Top (another one without a pattern!)
- Romper! M7394 love the pleats and pockets on this one!
- The Art Gallery Lavish Collection has some beautiful florals!
- Marthe Blouse: I’m making this loose peplum top with the floral pattern
- The Lark Tee looks like a good standard tshirt 🙂
I’m currently building my handmade wardrobe, so I’ve been working on basics. One of my goals this year was to buy intentionally, which led to wearing more neutrals. I want to purchase items that will last a long time and I’ll be able to wear forever. Of course, this applies to handmade clothing, and even more so because I took the time to buy fabric and sew it together! definitely not fast fashion….
And I think that if I spend less money/time at forever 21, I’ll be able to build a wardrobe that I really love for years to come.
PS – I don’t care how long culottes are in style, I will not wear them, and I’m not convinced they even look good on fashion bloggers….
Hope you have a great weekend!!