One of my resolutions for the year is to read more – books, magazines, blogs, etc.
We have a subscription to Time, and now I feel much more informed about life. Unfortunately, I chose a really difficult book to start off the year. I started reading The Goldfinch because it had so many fantastic reviews. But it’s moving slowly and it’s a little depressing. I’ve read and enjoyed many sad/depressing books, however this one is pretty rough. I don’t feel like getting into a full review of the book: I’ll just say that I’m much more educated about various types of drug use now.
I’m determined to finish though. I’m 80% through (reading on my kindle), so I really need to get through it.
Also, my coworker is reading it, and we’re commiserating about the slow plot line and constant drug use.
Here’s my plan once that book is finally over:
- The Fault in Our Stars
- The Book Thief
- The Defining Decade: Why your 20s matter and how to make the most of them now – just because I’m 23
- The Divergent Series
- Silver Linings Playbook – I haven’t watched the movie yet, so I might as well read the book first
- The Power of Habit – more stuff about how to be a successful adult
- The Harry Potter Series – It’s been a while (this one definitely counts for more than one on the list)
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking – I’m an introvert 🙂
Magazine Reading List – I have digital subscriptions to all of these so I can just flip through whenever I’m bored…
Reblogged this on Sophie's blog….
You’re going to love “The Fault in Our Stars” – totally started crying on the bus home from work! Incredible book!
Ahhh can’t wait to read it!! I’ll prob be crying on the bus too lol
You also inspired me to buy Divergent this morning – I hear its great!