Happy Hump Day! I want to share a few recipes of my favorite quick breakfast with you! I love oatmeal because it’s so healthy and keeps me full for the whole morning. I eat it warm almost every morning of the winter, but really wanted to add it to my summer diet. Then I discovered refrigerated overnight oats! Perfect for keeping your stomach flat during bikini season 🙂
If you include chia seeds you get even more nutritional benefits. Here’s the recipe I’ve been using (via Popsugar). Even though it only makes a half cup, it’s pretty filling. I used the wrong size mason jar the first time, so it looked like nothing! I recommend doubling/ tripling the recipe to last you a few days.
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass jar. Stir well, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove from the fridge, top off with your favorite fresh fruit, and enjoy!
Obviously, Pinterest has a million and a half recipes (that’s probably not even an exaggeration….) but here are some of my favorites:
- More from The Yummy Life
- 4 Recipes from A Beautiful Mess : The pumpkin spice sounds delicious
- Carrot Cake : This one includes protein powder!
- Of course, Buzzfeed brings them all together with “19 Ridiculously Easy Mugs of Overnight Oats”
Now you’ll never skip breakfast again!
…..Or you might forget your pre-made breakfast in the fridge when you leave for work… I’ve never done that before….