So I was researching fun holidays, and I found Knit in Public Day!! I’m a little skeptical of the list because it didn’t contain Macaron Day, which is obviously a bigger deal…. But I love an excuse to knit.
I think this holiday would be better in the winter, but at least during the summer you can sit in a park and Knit in Public, right?
Anyway, need a few ideas to participate? Here are some quick projects you can knit up in an afternoon. And maybe get started on some Christmas presents (instead of making them the week of Christmas, or Christmas morning, like I’ve done the past 2 years….)
- Knit washcloths: Use a cotton yarn and they’ll be perfect.
I’m obsessed with the seed stitch 🙂
- Garter Ear Flap Hat by Purl Soho: ADORABLE! and perfect for Christmas gifts
- The Side Line Scarf: This chunky scarf will knit up quickly an be ready for when it gets cold again….
- Garter Ridged Baskets: Super useful around the house, and you can make a few for housewarming gifts
- The Twisted Ribster Hat: um, how cute is this hat? and I love the multi-colored stripe in the middle 🙂 Also that furry pom pom!!
- Coffee Cozy: This would be cute if it were in a different color. This pic happens to be ugly… If I make one, I’ll make it in a pretty fabric to share with you all 🙂
Are you planning on making anything for this random holiday? Let me know!