Remember the Falling Leaves table runner from a few weeks ago? Well, I had some fabric leftover, and thought it would be perfect for coordinating coasters! These would make perfect housewarming or Christmas gifts, and they’re super quick to stitch up.
Also- a good way to practice my binding technique 🙂
- Charm Pack or Scrap Fabric
- Extra Batting
- Backing: Leftover backing from my table runner
- Binding: I used the same as the backing because I liked the plaid print
- Trim the Charm Pack to size: 5×5 is a little too big for coasters, so I trimmed mine to 4×4
- Cut backing and batting: The backing/ batting pieces are always larger than the top in quilting, so I made mine 5×5
- Make a quilt sandwich, spray baste, and start stitching!
I used a chalk pencil to quickly mark where I wanted the quilting lines
Plaid quilting!!! Love it!
- Square up and bind!
I hate binding… but I did get a little better by practicing on these….
And that’s it! I timed myself (and focused really hard) and got them all finished in 1hr 25min (including ironing the binding). Sounds like the perfect gift for Christmas!
Guys – It’s almost time for Christmas! I can’t wait! But first we have the Gilmore Girls Revival… SO EXCITED.