This post has been sitting in my drafts for a while… and I’m not sure why. Check out this bulletin board I switch up all the time 🙂
I recently moved everything around in my craft room, and realized I didn’t need this bulletin board…
you’ll also recognize it from the kitchen of our first apartment.
Sometimes my life looks like an episode of This Old House. Our little lake house has some amazing views, and we love the location. But since it was built in the 1920s as a summer cottage, we definitely have some work to do. While the chestnut trim around every door and window adds character, we do not enjoy the un-insulated plaster walls.
To be honest, by the time this blog post goes live, the renovation should be in the AFTER stage. In that post, I’ll post a video of the progress. I decided not to edit the photos below… because I didn’t feel like it.
You might think our bathroom LOOKS fine when you go through these photos. Let me tell you the unfortunate realities:
This was actually a Christmas gift for my Grandma, but since it was a spring print, I waited to share until now 🙂
I used a really great Jelly Roll quilt pattern from the book Jelly Roll Quilts called Garden Trellis. This is a new favorite pattern, because it came together really quickly and looks more complicated than it actually is! Because I really wanted the corners to actually be perfect this time, I did all the trimming on each block 😛
I love the Marthe Blouse, but last time I decided the size was too large. This time, I made it a few sizes smaller, and now it might be a little too small. Anyway, I knew I wanted to make this pattern in velvet because of the velvet trend this year, and it looked like it would be a comfy option.
Marthe Blouse in Velvet
Can we talk about how this fabric is so beautiful?? Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pics while I was in church, playing violin, or at family dinner…. So we’re stuck with only these dress form pics in front of my pretty Christmas tree (don’t worry, I have officially taken down my Christmas Tree).
After making my own dress for Christmas Eve last year, I knew I had to make another one. This was a really hard choice. I bought this beautiful fabric without knowing what I would make… and I kept searching, searching, searching patterns until I found the right one… Eventually, I found Simplicity 1873.
I made Version C without the tabs. This pattern works really well with a thick brocade-like fabric so that it gets poofy with the pleats 🙂
I can’t believe I sewed a beautiful lining and everything! The fabric itches and frays a lot, so it definitely needed the lining. I will probably add a skirt lining to make it perfect. Labels always finish it off.