I’ve been staring at this pattern for a while now… I always hesitate buying sewing patterns, because I want to make sure I love it and will make it again and again. Now that I’ve made my first one, I can say that I will be making this one again!
Marthe Blouse Supplies
- Pattern available through Republique du Chiffon
- Lavish Fabrics Cotton Voile from Art Gallery Fabrics
I only made 2 changes to this pattern:
- Sleeve length: Since this is a summer blouse using a light and airy cotton voile, I knew that it couldn’t have such long sleeves…. So I just made short sleeves. I wasn’t sure how to adjust the pattern, so I cut the pattern a little shorter, and then just fitted them while I was wearing it.
- Bias Tape Closure: I didn’t want to install an invisible zipper on a light weight top, so I secure the closure by stitching the seam allowance to the garment, and just added long bias tape to make a bow
Once the pieces were cut out, this blouse sewed together SO FAST. It was definitely less than 3 hours, and I’m not the fastest sewist. Cutting was a little annoying, because the pattern didn’t include seam allowance :p I had to measure around everything and add 5/8. I’ll definitely go faster next time when I know what I’m doing.
Next time, I’ll also take it in a little… it’s REALLY LOOSE.
And I really need to work on gathering stitches. They’re so uneven and bunched up :/ but I don’t think it’s too noticeable in such a flight fabric. I’ll need to be better if I use a heavy fabric for a winter top.
Overall, had a lot of fun making this and this print fixes anything I did wrong. It’s gorgeous, and I want to wear it everyday. Would it be weird for half of my wardrobe to be from this collection? I hope not, because I plan on ordering more!
A few other things I’m obsessed with right now, in case you wanted to know.
- PLANNER SUPPLIES!
Guys, I can’t stop buying stickers, stamps, and markers for my planner! I have The Happy Planner from Michaels and I bought product from their newest release before the store finished setting up the display
- My Planner (these are in stock at Michaels, but out of stock on MAMBI website)
- Checklist Stamp
- Accessory Pack with pocket folders and notebook paper
- Clearly Kelly planner stamps (the perfect size for any planner)
- Just discovered Sweet Stamp Shop – haven’t bought anything yet, but my wish list is growing!!
Ok, Pokemon works really well with my fitbit goals… that’s all I’m going to say about it.
I don’t know if this is really a favorite thing, but I can’t believe I’ve been so strong this whole time. We’ve had several parties, and I’ve managed NOT to eat mini cupcakes. I love that we’re eating more vegetables and thinking about food more, tonight I’m trying Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry!
What are some of your favorite things? Are you in on the planner craze, too?
Any tips for the Marthe Blouse?