As you know, Eric and I have been looking for a house lately…. it’s pretty rough in NJ.
While browsing lakefront castles way outside of our price range, I decided to look for real castles. In Ireland/ England.
I also found this hilarious buzzfeed article “6 Castles That Cost Less Than a NYC Apartment” kind of sad.
Here are some of my favorites castles and manor houses that are actually for sale…
- 9 Bedroom House for Sale
- Only 3 bedrooms… but adorable
- 5 Bedroom Castle in Ireland
- 20 Bathroom Chateau in France
- Updated Castle in London
So maybe I should have done something slightly more patriotic…. but here are my Friday faves!
- DIY Photo Frames / Wall Art - I love the different faces the girl makes! So cute for any gallery wall
- Geometric Headboard Panels – This is a pretty complex project, but really interesting!
- Dumb Household Rules You Hated Growing Up But Now Totally Understand
- 10 Tips for Photographing Interiors!! - great post! Definitely used this advise when photographing my apartment the other day.
- Scented Soy Candles – These are great for a gift, or just if you’re bored and love candles!!
- Chambray Romper! - Ladies, I found the perfect romper. And I bought it. It hasn’t arrived yet, but It would have been perfect for a 4th of July picnic….
Enjoy the weekend!!
Blog Prompt: “Quote you try to live by”
I thought I’d share some of the verses I’m * trying * to live by everyday….
 Make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,  and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness,  and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.  For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:5-8 ESV)
 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. (Psalm 27:4 ESV)
 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.  Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus… (Philippians 2:3-5 ESV)
I have to admit, I kind of thought we would invite everyone we knew over to our little apartment… but soon we realized it is pretty small. Really small. We love it and it’s great for having another couple over (or several people who also live in small spaces and understand the struggle)… So for all of you who have not seen it – Here’s a tour of our little home :)
I also really wanted to document our first place before we move this year. We haven’t found a house yet, but we need something a little closer to my work (anything would be an improvement).
* once again, i have to apologize for the lighting… it’s either too bright or too dark in this place, and I need a real camera. Or some crazy photoediting skills *
Happy hump day! I’m definitely looking forward to the weekend already
My company is amazing and has this great “Summer Friday” benefit. We get to leave at 1! *if we’re done with our work of course. So I would definitely recommend staying late on Thursday to leave early on Friday.
Last year, I would head home early to read, clean the apt, or hang out on the boat. My sister came into the city with me a few times and we ran around SoHo shopping and eating.
The past couple weeks I’ve been going home and sleeping or taking a pilates class at the gym. But I have a few more ideas for the weekends…
- the Strand – just want to spend a few hours in this store and find some fun things.
- Mood – Same as Strand: just need a few hours to explore.
- Explore each neighborhood
- Find the best gelato…. i think i already know, but i have no problem trying new places…
- Read at least one book a week (not necessarily just a summer friday thing, but i’ve been doing well so far!)
- Highline and Chelsea Market
- Shakespeare in the Park